I have known about the brand Thalgo since a more than a decade. There was a small canopy style outlet in MGF Metropolitan Mall in Gurgaon. They used to give out free samples of some of their products. I had tried a couple of samples back then. Recently, the brand sent a few products for me to try out which I have been using since a few days.
The products I received –
- Thalgo Cleansing Cream Foam
- Thalgo Beautifying Tonic Lotion
- Thalgo Collagen Eye Roll-on
- Thalgo Hydra-Marine 24 -hour Cream
About The Looks!
The cleanser and toner have similar look with the only difference being the container. The cleanser comes in a squeezy tube and the toner in a bottle with a pump. Both the containers are pale blue in color with all the details about the product been printed on them. The pump of the toner comes with a lock which is great, however, I initially faced some problems with the product leakage even after being locked. The eye roll on also comes in a squeezy tube which is purple in color. The top part of the tube has three roll-on balls through which the product comes out when squeezed.
The cream is has the most gorgeous packaging ever! If it had a pump on top, it could have looked like a perfume bottle! It comes in a blue translucent glass jar in a tear drop shape (horizontally). The product is covered by a peel-off seal inside. Except for the cream, rest of the containers are plastic but recyclable. The packaging looks very elegant and sophisticated. I really like the way they look.
- Thalgo Cleansing Cream Foam – 2680/- for 125 ml
- Thalgo Beautifying Tonic Lotion – 2360/- for 200 ml
- Thalgo Collagen Eye Roll-on – 3690 /- for 15 ml
- Thalgo Hydra-Marine 24 -hour Cream – 3500/- for 50 ml
My Thoughts on the Thalgo Skin Care Range!
- Thalgo Cleansing Cream Foam – The product is white in color and very thick, paste like in consistency. Its very creamy and needed to be rubbed nicely in the palms with water to create the foam. Its very creamy in texture and two small pea sized amount is required for one time. Initially, I used one small pea sized amount which didn’t was enough to create much foam for my liking. The cleanser is certainly very gentle on the skin, cleanses thoroughly and leaves no residue or tackiness behind. It does not dries out my skin either. The cleanser claims to cleanse and tones, however, I haven’t seen any considerable difference in the pore size (bigger ones) but I haven’t seen such a difference from any toner for that matter.
Thalgo Cleansing Cream Foam
- Thalgo Beautifying Tonic Lotion – The toner is a colorless water like liquid which has a faint soothing smell. One pump gives out a lot of product which takes some time to get absorbed and dry up. The cleanser’s good work is visible from the cotton pad after using the toner which is mostly remains clean! There is glycerin in the toner which makes it slightly hydrating. My skin feels nice and fresh after using it.
- Thalgo Collagen Eye Roll-on – The product is absolutely clear, transparent gel like in consistency. Just one squeeze is enough for one eye and I apply it using the roll-on balls on the tube. I glide the roll-on balls under my eyes a few times which not only spreads the product but also works as a light massager. But remember, I am very gentle! Then, I use the traditional method of using my fingers to dab on covering the entire area. It feels wet for some time and hence feels a little cooling, however, it soon gets absorbed into the skin. Its definitely not greasy but is rich enough to keep the area super hydrated. I have seen good improvement under my eyes within a week of using it. I don’t have dark circles but sometimes due to erratic sleep cycle, I do get under eye bags or they just look very tired. This is where I saw the improvement. My under eyes looked well rested and the skin looked firmer than it was before.
- Thalgo Hydra-Marine 24 -hour Cream – The cream is white in color and I would describe its consistency as fairly thick. Only a tiny amount is enough for the face and neck because the moment you start massaging, it feels very water-based. It feels wet and yet creamy. It gets absorbed quickly and leaves a smooth and satiny skin behind. I love this cream. Its very hydrating without feeling heavy. Even with such light formulation, the hydration lasts the entire day. Especially in summers. I can’t say about winters though. That will depend on the type of skin perhaps.
Overall Verdict –
I think I can say I am very much happy with all these products. They perform satisfactorily and I am quite impressed specifically with the Eye Cream and Hydra-Marine 24 hour Cream. The best of the four! These products are quite expensive but investing in skin is always worth it. I would highly recommend these products from Thalgo. Totally worth the money! 🙂