Recently I was invited to a very interesting workshop organised by Zoya The Exquisite Diamond Boutique. The workshop was called as Zoya: Jewelry Styling Workshop – What’s in a Face? An exclusive with the stylists at Zoya.
I was so intrigued and excited about it and when I went I realized that it was so much more than that! The workshop was conducted by the design consultants at Zoya. They gave all of us very valuable information which we usually don’t even think about or sometimes tend to ignore!
A crucial piece of any woman’s wardrobe is the perfect piece of jewelry. It often accents an ensemble if worn correctly. Jewellery is one of the trickiest to choose, keeping in mind not just the current trends and personal taste, but also one’s face shape and skin tone. There are many things to consider while buying jewelry – style, color, stones. But we often tend to forget a very important aspect – the shape of our face. Jewelry is meant to enhance a person’s beauty and thus knowing the type of jewelry that will suit your face is essential. The choice of earrings and necklaces can either compliment or exaggerate the characteristics of your face. Ideally you should emphasize your good features with the selection of the right jewellery.
When picking jewellery before stepping out, it is a good rule of thumb to limit yourself to only one large piece, keeping the other items (if any) much smaller.
Below are few guidelines to assist you in picking the right piece according to your contour.
SMALL TO MEDIUM FACE:
A small face is the most blessed face cut- this face type will continue to look young beyond their years. However there are certain jewellery do’s and don’ts to work with:
- Petite ladies will normally look better in smaller, more dainty jewellery
- As a thumb rule, always pick up something close to ear for a small face
- Small Faces with short necks can opt to wear studs or smaller pieces of designer jewellery earrings to bring the attention to the face rather than neck
A person with a medium cut of the jewellery world will be able to carry any shape of jewellery – long, triangular, crescent anything but what she needs to be cautious of is the SIZE- too heavy a piece will end up drowning her face. Always remember jewellery is supposed to enhance what you already have and not take away from it
OBLONG SQUARE – HEART SHAPED FACE:
The heart-shaped face has a wide brow and narrow chin. It is also called the inverted triangle shape. While choosing jewelry one should aim at creating the appearance that the forehead is narrower, and widening the jaw line. Some of the most beautiful women in the world have been known to have this face cut – Drew Barrymore to Dimple Kapadia.
- Heart shaped face have to counter balance the sharp chin with chandelier or tear drop earrings that fill in the bottom half of the face.
- Avoid long narrow styles, these make the face look even more angular.
- Tips on the strong jawline and cheek bones- the earring ideally needs to be top and bottom heavy with a bit of length – it should most possibly just fall a little short off touching your
- Never ever hide your “Widow’s Peak” with a maang tikka. If you really want to go in for the maang tikka, pick something which very simple. A sleek diamond string with a delicate teardrop hanging…just below the peak is more than enough
CONTOURED ROUND FACE:
One may think that it is the most popular face cut but it is not. A contoured round face is actually a very unique face-cut because usually nobody has the perfect contured. While choosing jewelry for this type of face, the objective should be to lengthen its appearance.
- This face cut can carry off anything angular except for very straight lines. The best shapes to go in for are inverted umbrella, the Oblongs, the heavy crescents.
- You need to avoid close to ear pieces
- Stay away from hoops or other circular designs
A person with a slender and long neck can very easily carry off chokers and half chokers. Similarly a person with beautiful collar bone can carry a hasli with ease. Even asymmetrical lines, although very hard to find, also work wonders.
That was the gist above of what we learnt in the workshop. It was so hot that day and I am so thankful that we were served refreshing drinks and snacks in between. The Retail Marketing Manager, North, Zoya, Anisha Gaur, was very helpful and courteous.
There was a small and interesting contest held, based on what we learnt in the workshop. We needed to chose one jewelry piece which is the best for our face shapes. The one person who is bang on in the selection will get a gift! All of us picked one I picked the one in the picture here and below. If you follow me on the social media platforms , you might have already seen this picture. However, I did not win, but there were two winners and both got a gift each. Sigh.. lol
Some pictures of the demonstration of the jewelry according to the face shape-
Here is a picture with all the bloggers with the design consultants and the Marketing Manager, Anisha Gaur. The picture was shared on twitter by the brand.
— neha (@omnianeha) May 20, 2015
And here are some more pictures of the awesome jewelry I spotted!!
Anyways, I kept browsing the jewelry and was not tired at all ogling them!! I must say a beautiful shift of the traditional jewelry towards contemporary and still without losing the intricate details that makes any jewelry piece better! Loved the collection and may be some day I would decide to get my favorite piece!! 😀
If you have a wedding coming or any special occasion or just if you want to pamper yourself, head out to the Zoya Store in GK – 1 and get the absolutely gorgeous jewelry perfect your face shape and enhance your beauty!!