Though I always wanted to try some Ayurvedic products for my hair but I never could. Mostly because I didn’t know which brand to trust for its authenticity and quality but I had to start somewhere! So when I got the opportunity to try an Ayurvedic Hair Care Regimen by Vedix, I was all “YES” about it! 😀
I had to go through a questionnaire that asked me a variety of questions on my general health, like teeth, skin, body type, activity levels, immunity, and much more. The answers to these lead them to the root cause of the problem and then they customize the ingredients in the hair products to focus on treating those issues. Based on what I answered, I got these products as listed below.
The Hair Care kit contains three products –
- Vedix Anti Hair Fall Oil
- Vedix Anti Hair Fall Shampoo
- Vedix Hair Re-Growth Serum
About The Looks!
The products came in a small cute jute bag that was nicely packed in a very nice cardboard box with a lid that closes by a magnet. The box was of the same theme as of the products, the color, the print, logo, etc. All the products were in a bottle. Hair oil comes in PET 1 recyclable brown plastic bottle with a black round cap. The Shampoo also comes in a PET 1 recyclable bottle with a black pump cap. This pump cap also has a lock, which is great for traveling purposes. The Serum comes in a small glass bottle, also brown in color, with a dropper cap. I really loved the soothing, earthy, color, design and logo. The box, the jute bag and the products looked really presentable and classy. Loved the packaging!
- Vedix Anti Hair Fall Oil – 100 ml – 899/-
- Vedix Anti Hair Fall Shampoon – 100 ml – 499/-
- Vedix Hair Re-Growth Serum – 50 ml – 1299/-
My Views on the Vedix Customized Ayurvedic Hair Care Regimen!
- Vedix Anti Hair Fall Oil – It had been years since I stopped applying hair oil. Even when I wanted to, I either used to forget or could never find the time for it. I do love the massage after applying the hair oil but only by my mother. She gives the best hair massage in the world! 😀 Anyway, so it was after years that I was going to try a hair oil and that too Ayurvedic! The base oil is Coconut oil because the dominant scent is of the same and it is hard to miss. A lot of Ayurvedic ingredients are added to this oil which includes other essential oils and herbs. There is a faint scent along with that of the coconut oil’s that I really can’t point to but it is either of some herb or an essential oil. It smells rich and soothing. I applied the hair oil in good amount on my scalp, massaged it for about 5-10 mins, depending how soon my hands got tired 😀 I left it overnight and washed the next day with the Vedix Anti Hair Fall Shampoo. I like the oil as it really nourishing, hydrating and does not feel extremely greasy.
- Vedix Anti Hair Fall Shampoo – The shampoo is a silvery white liquid which is moderately thick. This shampoo also smells of coconut oil but I am surprised that the ingredients doesn’t mention anything about coconut. Along with the Ayurvedic extracts, it also contains Shampoo base, perfume and preservatives. Therefore, the coconut oil like smell could be from the perfume. The pump dispenses quite less amount at once which gives you control over how much you want. I take 8 pumps in the first application followed by 4 more pumps in the second. My hair is long and it requires a little more amount of shampoo than usual, so 12 pumps of shampoo gives me a good lather to cleanse my hair. After rinsing the hair feels slightly dry and tangled. I am used to applying a conditioner post shampooing and this regimen doesn’t have one because it has an oil. It felt a little awkward to me to leave my hair without conditioning. Though, after drying, my hair felt really nice and clean, shiny, light, voluminous, no firzz at all. However, the ends of my hair were on a slightly drier side. After the second wash the dryness increased slightly more and my hair started to catch static even my hands. This probably was because of the changing weather, the nights getting cold as winter is approaching. The biggest change I noticed was in, hair fall. If I was losing 50 hair in a day earlier, then after using this oil and shampoo, I lost only about 20. Another big change I noticed was that my scalp wasn’t as dry as before. There was an improvement!
- Vedix Hair Re-Growth Serum – The serum is like water infused with herbs and essential oils. It has a pale yellow tint and an herbal scent to it. Apart from the various herbal extracts and essential oils the ingredients also include a serum base and preservatives. I took around 5 ml of serum and applied it all over my scalp before bed time and massaged for about 5 minutes and left it overnight. The serum isn’t oily but you do feel you’ve applied something in your hair. I haven’t seen any major improvement in my hair growth as yet. I do believe that such products take a month or so to show real results. I haven’t used it long enough to be able to come to a conclusion so I am going to keep using it for a month or two and hope to see some good results then. Having said that, my scalp definitely feels a little better. The dryness has reduced significantly.
Overall Verdict –
I would say that I am certainly happy with the oil and the shampoo, especially the hair oil. Even without a conditioner my hair didn’t get frizzy which is pretty amazing. I won’t lie, I was pretty anxious and skeptical about no conditioner but I am quite relieved. I would apply oil on ends of my hair to see if it makes any difference on its slight dryness after the wash. Or may be I will try using a little less shampoo to see if that makes any difference. Though I think that was due to the changing weather. The serum needs more time to show results and I really am hopeful that I will surely see some good ones. The pricing of the products could be better, especially the shampoo is quite expensive for the quantity. People with long hair like me are going to finish it in perhaps 7-9 washes and that’s expensive.