All those who follow me on Facebook and Twitter, might know that I was on a weekend trip to a place named “Chail”. Its situated at an altitude of 7,380 ft, higher than Shimla, in Himachal Pradesh, India. A beautiful place with hills all around and forests of pine and gigantic deodars. Its a quiet, peaceful and a beautiful place! We were there only for one night. We reached on Saturday night and left on Sunday evening.
On Sunday I was up early morning to see the sunrise and I was feeling so fresh that I did a new make up look and outfit with the new clothes I recently bought. The outfit is an Indian attire, since I was with my in-laws.
I got this pretty kurta in combination of floral and bandhej print from Melange and teamed it up with the purple leggings and a multicolored dupatta stole I got from Melange as well.
I wore my dark blue bangles which had a little purplish hint and my coral flip flops, because I wanted a comfortable footwear as there would have been a lot of walking done. It was so windy there that it was really hard to control my hair from flying! So I tired to play with them to get some decent pictures. 🙂
I toned my face with the Lotus Herbals Basiltone Toner and then applied my Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Under Eye Cream under my eyes and then applied my Olay Age Protect Anti-aging day cream on my face. Then I applied Kiehl’s Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 PA +++ UVA Sunscreen.
- I used Maybelline New York DREAMLUMI Touche Highlighting concealer in the shade – Buff Chamois under my eyes, bridge of my nose, chin and forehead to highlight the areas and on any dark spots which I had to cover up.
- Then I applied my Super Favorite Pond’s BB+ cream on my face and set all the make up with the Faces Minerals Pressed Powder in Honey Beige # 01.
- Starting with the eye make up, I prepped my eye lids by the same concealer so that the colors show better and does not get creased. An eye shadow primer is the best to use but I wasn’t carrying it on the trip. So I used the concealer instead.
- I patted the Inglot Eyeshadow in the shade # 382 which is a gorgeous pink color all over my eye lids. I wanted the intensity of the color to be fair, so kept building on the color till I reached the desired intensity.
- Then I took the darkest shade from my Maybelline New York Diamond Glow By Eyestudio Eyeshadow Quad in the shade– 01- Copper brown and started applying it in the outer V of the eyes and then blended it inwards. I wanted a little smokey effect on my eyes, not too dramatic. That’s why I did not use many colors, just two. So I kept on blending the color and building it up till I was satisfied with the intensity. I retouched the pink eye shadow from Inglot again.
- I took the same darkest shade and applied it under my lower lash line for that smokey effect. But not too dramatic, since it was a day time.
- Taking the lightest shade from the Maybelline New York Diamond Glow By Eyestudio Eyeshadow Quad in the shade– 01- Copper brown I lightly highlighted the inner corners of my eyes and under my brows.
- Next I lined my eyes with the L’Oreal Paris Super Liner in Black and water lined my eyes with the new Maybelline New York The Colossal Kohl Turquoise.
- Lastly I coated my lashes with my favorite Maybelline New York Colossal Waterproof Mascara.
- I used Maybelline Blush Studio Cheeky Glow blush in the shade Peachy Sweetie for a gorgeous flush of color on cheeks.
- For lips I used my new Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in the shade Striking (240) which is a gorgeous bright orange color!! And I loved it!!
That was all for my make up. I tried a brighter smokey kind of eye look using less products.
I hope you all liked it and find it helpful! 😀
I will be back with a lot more posts!
Till then take care and have a great day!! XOXO