Valentine is just around the corner and I thought why not create a make up look for the day! You might see a lot of make up looks based on pink or red color, but if you want something different, natural and more towards warm tones, then this post can certainly help you!!
The look is soft, diffused and pretty. Its not over the top and too dramatic. One can easily pull it off. So let’s get started with it!
- After moisturizing my face I applied Pond’s BB+ cream all over my face.
- Then I applied Maybelline New York DREAMLUMI Touche Highlighting concealer in the shade – Buff Chamois under my eyes and on the bridge of my nose and blended it well.
- Using the L’Oreal Paris True Match Pressed Powder I set all of my base make up.
- Next I took the second shadow from my Bourjois Smokey Eyes Palette in Baroque and applied all over my lid. Its a beautiful shimmery golden bronze-green color. Its not glittery but a very subtle shimmer, I can say that it’s kind of metallic.
- Then taking the darkest shade which is a metallic dark bronze-green color with a very subtle golden shimmer in it; I focused it only on the outer corner and the crease. This will give my eyes a little dimension and depth. I did not bring it on the lid at all, I wanted it to just be there, but not too overwhelming. Using a blending brush, I blended both the shadows well.
- Now taking a dark brown pencil eyeliner – Faces Canada Long Wear Eye Pencil in the shade Metal Brown; I lined my upper lash line and then taking a smudging brush I smudged the eye liner on the lid and taking it slightly on the outer corner of the eyes. My goal was to remove all the harsh lines and to achieve a diffused look.
- Taking the same darkest green eye shadow from the same palette, I applied it underneath my eye area and blended it well. This will not make the eyes look blank. Just a light dust is enough.
- Using the highlighting shade from the same palette which is a gorgeous golden color, I highlighted the inner corners of my eyes and under my brow bone, again, making sure that its light dust of color.
- Then I took my NYX Retractable Eye pencil in the shade Brown and lined my bottom water line and this complete the eyes. I opted not to apply mascara, as I wanted the look to be very natural and soft. But if you guys want, you can totally go for the mascara.
- Now taking my Florelle Wet and Dry blush in the shade Prelude (109) I applied it focusing mainly on the top of the cheek bones and the hollows of the cheek. I did not apply the blush on the apples of my cheek. I wanted a little natural yet contoured effect.
- For my lips I used my all time favorite Bourjois Sweet Kiss Lipstick in the shade Rose Allure, which is a gorgeous peachy nude color.
That completes the make up look. Hope you find it helpful and like it!
You can play around with this look the way you want, make it more dramatic or opt for a much more softer look. But most importantly, be happy!! I am sure you will look amazing on Valentine’s day, not just for your special one, but for yourself too!!
Have a lovely day!! XOXO