I am a beginner in nail art and I am still trying my hand on it and I am far away from perfection, but I love it so much that I want to try it out myself. So if a person like me can do a little bit of nail art, I bet you all can! 😀
Today I am going to share my latest attempt, which by the way, I was very nervous about and it took me weeks to gather the courage and try it out. 😀 Below is the final look and the steps to achieve it.
- Apply a base coat to protect your nails, I applied the Sally Hansen Complete Care Extra Moisturizing 4-in-1 Nail Treatment.
- Then I coated all my nails with a white nail paint as a base, so that the colors can look brighter. I used the Maybelline Color Show nail paint Porcelain Party.
- Next I took a make up sponge and cut it in half in a triangular shape and took three colors which I wanted to do the nail art with. They were Maybelline Color Show Nail paints Mint Mojito (Green), Orange Fix (Orange) and Sweet Sunshine (Yellow).
- Now on the smoother side of the sponge I applied all three of the colors in strips, with the green being at the bottom, then orange in the middle and yellow on top. Take a generous amount since the sponge will absorb some of it.
- Next we need to dab the color lightly or gently on the nail a couple of times, making sure that the nail comes in the frame of all three colors. I left the ring finger on both hands.
- Let it dry for a couple of minutes and repeat the above step 3-4 times until you get the desired color opaqueness.
- Once its pretty opaque, let it dry completely and apply the top coat.
- For the ring finger on both hands I took the Maybelline Color Show Go Graffiti nail paint in Unmellow Yellow and applied it on the white base. I worked out the glitter and made sure that it was visible and covered the nail as I wanted it to and then after it was dry, coated with the top coat.
That’s it! Finished! It is a tedious and lengthy task but it was worth it. It didn’t look the best but it turned out okay and I liked it!
Let me know if you like it too and I really hope that you do!! I will be back with some more for you all!! Have a superb day!!