Amid the COVID crises when most of the international brands were unavailable and the Honorable Prime Minister urged to “Go Local”; I became aware of many Indian brands in skin care, hair care and makeup. I was most interested in brands with organic and natural or Ayurvedic products. One of the brands that I came across for skin care was Deyga Organics. I got the opportunity to try a few of their products and today I am going to share my views on them.
- Deyga Anti-Aging Serum
- Deyga Under Eye Cream
- Deyga Strawberry Lip Scrub
- Deyga Sunscreen SPF 30 UVA |UVB
About The Looks!
The packaging of the products is simple and quite basic. The serum comes in a sturdy glass bottle with a dropper cap. The Under Eye cream and Lip scrub come in a small pan/tub container made of some metal with a cap also made of some metal. The sunscreen comes packed in a big plastic tub. Every product has the name, ingredients and other details of the product mentioned. The packaging though is very simple and basic but they are pretty sturdy and absolutely travel friendly. Though, the sunscreen tub requires a little “handle with care” protocol. The lid should be firmly closed and should always be kept in an upright position to prevent any leakage.
- Deyga Anti-Aging Serum – 30 ml – 730/-
- Deyga Under Eye Cream – 24 gm – 590/-
- Deyga Strawberry Lip Scrub – 20 gm – 290/-
- Deyga Sunscreen SPF 30 UVA |UVB – 100 gm – 600/-
My views on the Deyga Organics Skin Care Products!
- Deyga Anti-Aging Serum – The serum is a mix of Hemp Seed oil, Kalonji oil, Moringa oil, Carrot seed oil., Jojoba oil, Rosehip oil, Neroli oil, Frankincense oil. It has no added color or preservative which makes it pretty safe to use however, a patch test is recommended to rule out any allergies to any of the oil. Because, the serum is practically oil, it is greasy and has the typical oil like smell. The brand hasn’t used any fragrance oil which is good. The serum is to be used at night before going to bed. Only 3-4 drops are more than enough for the entire face and neck. It feels oily/greasy after application but the next morning the skin looks really glowing. It’s visibly well hydrated and nourished. It looks plump and healthy! I have always believed in natural oils for night time because they have done wonders to my skin and this serum is just perfect for me, especially when the winters are approaching. Another great thing is that the product is cruelty free. 🙂
- Deyga Under Eye Cream – I found the look of the eye cream a little weird at first. It is green in color and feels a little waxy at touch, however, it actually is not. The eye cream is a blend of almost the same oils as in serum. It contains Kalonji oil, Hemp seed oil, Almond oil, Rosehip oil, Tamanu oil, Carrot seed oil and Vitamin E oil. The swatch feels like solidified ghee that melts when rubbed and dabbed. It is sticky and greasy but does not appear or feels oily like the serum. This too, is also to be used at night before bedtime. My under eyes looked much better in the morning after only one use! They looked firm and nourished and well hydrated. I was really surprised. The oils in the eye cream really do the work overnight.
- Deyga Strawberry Lip Scrub – One look at the lip scrub and one can see the main ingredient – Sugar. At first look it looked like sugar granules in some watery solution. It didn’t look like it had any oil in it but it does! The scrub contains Organic Shea Butter, Avocado oil, Almond oil, Via E and Strawberry Essential oil apart from the granulated sugar. The oils looked like the “watery solution” and they are the reason why the sugar didn’t get dissolved which would have if it was really in a watery solution. I hope you understood what I mean. I used a pinch of the scrub on my lips for about 2-3 minutes and washed it off with plain water. I was stunned with the result! I can’t remember when I felt my lips so smooth and soft! I couldn’t believe it! Though, I must confess it was the first time I ever used a lip scrub. I honestly did not expect such amazing result! In fact, my lips were still hydrated with those oils from the scrub and I could have done without a lip balm post that, however, I followed the advise and applied some. 🙂
- Deyga Sunscreen SPF 30 UVA |UVB – This was the product that I was most looking forward to. I need to apply sunscreen everyday , at least twice a day and I would have loved to switch to a natural option. When I first saw the sunscreen I could see a little bit of oil separating from the cream. Of course because oils are a part of the formula. The ingredients comprises of Raspberry seed oil, Carrot seed oil, Natural Zinc Oxide, Almond oil, Shea butter, Bees wax, Vitamin E oil, Sunflower oil and Olive oil. The presence of Zinc Oxide makes it a very safe sunscreen. Its a physical sunscreen that instead of absorbing, will just reflect the UVA/UVB rays back. It also prevents skin irritation, rashes or burns. The oils will act as a natural screen for the skin simultaneously nourishing and hydrating it. While these are the pros of this sunscreen the con is that it feels very greasy for obvious reasons. It smells of oils and it leaves a very slight white cast. I won’t able to use it in summers and humid weather. It will actually be perfect for winters. Another bummer is that its only SPF 30, which means I would need to reapply every 3-4 hours. I have been prescribed with SPF 50+ by my dermatologist which makes me wish that they had an option of SPF 50 + too.
Overall Verdict –
I think the products are really good and pretty effective. I specifically loved the serum, eye cream and the lip scrub. Sunscreen is pretty good too but the oiliness/greasiness could be deterrent for many. However, with natural oil based products we need to get used to the fact that they would be based on oils and smell like such too. Oils have always worked wonderfully on my skin and I love using them in winters and especially at night all year round and therefore, I like these too because I loved the results I saw. But do keep in mind results show differently on different people and for many they might not show up that quickly. Our overall health also determines the health of our skin. I would highly recommend these products not only because they are really good and effective but also because there are no chemicals except for the Sunscreen and that too is one of the safest compound.